Friday, April 24, 2020

"Oh, Hell No!!"

Bernie Mac is one of my favorite actors of all time.  I can't watch his stand-up b/c it's too dirty but I like his characters in movies and TV.  I think he truly is acting when you see him in a movie- acting on his best behavior.  He used to say "Oh, Hell No!!" a lot.  God rest his soul.

I was thinking about Bernie as I rode Hell Canyon today.  I also had Hell is Coming by Phish playing in my head. And Hell, California, Pop. 4 by Love/Hate.  Hell's Bells by AC/DC.  Hell Is For Children by Pat Benatar… I think that was it...  I'm simple-minded.

Well, the good news is that Hell Canyon is a complete blast!  There is no bad news.  I'm not sure if it was designed as a MTB trail or if it just turned out really well, but it absolutely carves.  It's a short loop at just over 5 miles so a couple of laps are in order if you make the trip out there.

I rode it both ways and I prefer it counter-clockwise.  In this direction you start out with a long gradual incline through the canyon.  At the head of the canyon you turn a 180 and grunt up a steep climb that takes you out of the canyon.  Then it's all fast and flowy across the upper canyon wall and it finishes off with a fast, relatively tech-free, decent back to the TH.  It's a helluva good time!

I should've snapped a pic but I didn't think about it.  It was one of those rides where I forgot about everything but the ride.  Hell yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment