Sunday, April 19, 2020

4/19 and counting.....

I spent a good part of the day yesterday buffing out some local singletrack.  Kickin' pine cones.  Throwin' branches.  Cleaning off the mess from recent logging.



It's not one of the more popular trails in the area but it's a real beauty.  It's one of the oldest true purpose-built MTB trails in The Hills and it's always puzzled me why it hardly ever gets ridden.  Maybe it's *too hard* or maybe it's b/c it's not a loop.  Pa-shaa- there's nothing wrong with a fun out-and-back.

Anyway, I was excited yesterday evening at the prospect of riding super-clean, super-awesome singletrack the next day.  And then I woke up- literally, woke up this morning and looked out the window to the sight of three more inches of fresh snow.  #whenwillitend

I didn't ride today.  Instead I went and hiked Hell Canyon.  I've never been there, so I figured snow/rain/sleet/fog was a good way to see it.  As I hiked the trail, I daydreamed about riding it.  Then I started thinking about all the other trails I want to hit as soon as possible and as often as possible.  It's a pretty long list.

No comments:

Post a Comment