Saturday, October 30, 2010

Boss Cross #3

The third Boss Cross race was at little Barry Platte Park just 4 miles from my home. Andy and Regan were in town from Manhattan so we got up on Saturday morning and cruised over together.
/
The best thing about the race Saturday was the Colavita Corner. Wow, the crew was out en force! Racers were either delighted or scared or a little of both as they exited the second sand-run.
/
I did the Masters race as a warm up at 11. My legs felt dead for most of that race but started to wake up some near the end. I took it easy for the last 5 laps b/c I wanted to save myself for the SS.
/
Britton lined up on the front with the leader's jersey on for the SS race. I started right behind him and when the whistle blew we went into the first corner with a couple other guys at the front. Britton got out front right away and I jumped onto a couple of guys wheels and marked them for a few laps. Britton was moving on, so with about 4-5 laps to go, I jumped the guys in front of me and spent about 2 laps working my way up to Britton. He and I rode together for a bit and on the bell lap, he attacked and proved that he was deserving of the General Lee jersey. I tried to follow him but couldn't pull back the 15 second gap.
/
Andy got another win in the 3 race and took over the jersey in that cat. So we now have two Colavitas in leader's jerseys! Andy's race was awesome- he battled 2nd place dude all race until the last lap where Andy put it down and powered away. Truly inspirational. That's why we race!
/
Race evaluation: Great course. Good vibe. Toilet situation sucked. Thanks for the beer once again, Boulevard.

2 comments:

  1. I know you’re into bikes hardcore, as am I - gotta Cannondale Terra and I ride 24/7. Wouldn’t it be kick-ass to cycle in Heaven after we croak? If our existence is but a lifelong demise, which it is, I personally am only concerned with reach’n the Great Beyond after I make the daisies grow; however, what I'm most concerned about are my NINE fragrant, flagrant, fire-extinguisher-blogs, showing YOU how to riseabove this insane culture-of-the-dead. And, yes, YOU can certainly plagiarize anything from our award-winning, kick-ass, avant-garde efficaciousness. So, strive for Heaven, people - we cannot stay due to old age. You will NOT be disappointed for eternity: the sex is quite spectacular. I hear we can actually float.

    ReplyDelete