Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blue Bomber

\
This is what I'll be kickin around on this winter. This was my first real high-performance road bike. Dave at The Pathfinder in Manhattan, KS gave me a great deal on it after it'd been sitting in the shop waiting for a home for a couple of years. That was in 1995. It's been dressed up many different ways since then and it's been across the state of Iowa more times than I have. It was the first bike I took on Ragbrai. Together with a borrowed red Specialized Allez, my friend Corey and I rode every mile as The Blue Bomber and The Red Rocket, respectively. The Turd Rocket and the KYBO Blaster came later... but those are different stories.
\
I can already feel the good this thing is doing me after just a few rides. It's great to be back on a SS again. I'm using a geared hub wheel on the back with a QR but as long as I keep it clamped down tight and don't wag too much when I stand up, it stays put. Most the rest of the stuff is "junker" parts but somehow they seem to work together well on the ol' junker Paramount.

2 comments: