Thursday, March 3, 2022

Hello Paul.

 One of the bearings in my Industry 9 rear hub seized up.  The hub has approximately 2000 miles on it, so I'm not happy about the failure.  It's an Enduro steel sealed bearing and that's the only one I could find that is currently available as a replacement.  I'm not happy about that either.

Anyhoo, whilst I had the hub in a state of disassembly, I decided to service the freehub.  If you've not seen these before, the pauls are the little do-dags that catch up the hub and turn your intension into motion.


The pauls and springs are paired together inside the driver so that they catch on the teeth inside the hub shell.

Together, they make great noise.  The same can be said of the boys in Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, who feature in this outlandish bank-robbery getaway scene:

Baby Driver Opening Scene (2017) | Movieclips Coming Soon - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment