Saturday, March 5, 2022

An Old Indian Trick

 While installing my new PNW Range bars today, I used an old Indian trick that I've been using for years and I wanted to share it with you.

Jamming a wine cork in the ends of a handlebar- road or mountain- significantly dampens the high frequency buzz and makes the ride more comfy.  These corks happen to be Chateau Saint Michelle Merlot 2017- a nice pairing for the Intense Recluse, me thinks.

The PNW logo matched very closely to the Intense.  I'm not a stickler for colorways- I would've normally chosen black or grey- but I took a chance this time and it turned out nicely.

I chose the PNW bar b/c I wanted to replace my 10mm rise bar with a 30mm rise bar.  the PNW was the right price at $69 including 2-day shipping.  I ordered it on Wednesday and it showed up on Friday- Nice!  Industry 9 has a lot of work to do if they want to match PNW's service (they probably don't).  I ordered a set of bearings and the installation tool on February 20th.  The bearings arrived yesterday but no tool yet...

In other news, the hair salon is slowly but surely morphing into a bike shop.

This should come as a shock to no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment