Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ranger--->Happy Camper--->Zombie Monkie

It sounds like a Widespread Panic setlist but it's not.  Yesterday, Will and I set off in kayaks in pursuit of the WyCo headwaters.  We found it and a whole lot more.  Did you know that when ducks take off they run across the water?

Problem solved.  The Curtlo MTB and I have only one disagreement:  BB height.



The Curtlo is about 3/4" lower than the Chester was and I've been chucking, chipping, and catching rocks and roots with my pedals.  I've been attentive about pedal position but I was still catching a few.  Before I rode yesterday I swapped out my 175mm cranks w/ some 170's.  Voila.  It was just enough extra clearance to give me the clearance I needed.  It's not much, but apparently it's enough.  I haven't noticed the decreased leverage b/c I'm still nursing a broken toe.  So yeah, add 170mm cranks to the list of freakshow items on this thing.  I don't care.  I'm just doing what works.


No comments:

Post a Comment