Saturday, November 13, 2010

DeStad Cup preview

DeStad is going to be fun!
/
Worked on the course at St. Mary's today. It was very wet from all the rain and the ground was quite squishy. But Chris had two blowers out there plus the gang raked the entire course, so it should be dry by tomorrow. Actually, it should really hook up well with all the moisture in the ground now- maybe just a few wet spots. A few wet spots are always good.
/
I rode a couple of laps after we staked it out and it seemed long. That could've been due to the soft ground and long grass (Chris says they'll mow it early tomorrow morn), but I'm thinking 7+ minute laps for the Open race- and I'm not referring to myself, I mean for the fast guys. But, counteracting the soft ground is that the course is pretty wide open and fast. With the exception of a few tight corners and a couple of steep run-ups, its just fast and flowing. It's going to be a race for the fast/strong and not so much for the technical rider... to my dismay. Of course all this could change depending on the changing conditions tomorrow.
/
A course is a different-colored horse after a couple hundred passes have been laid on it.
/
Regardless of all this, I can say without hesitation, it'll be fun. I've said it before: It's hard to go wrong at St. Mary's.

No comments:

Post a Comment