Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fish Pot

On Cape Cod they have this thing called Fish Pot.  It is a delicious giant bowl of stewed bounty of the sea.  Clams, mussels, shrimp, crab, lobster, cod.  Anything goes.  It's as if whatever they've caught that day is thrown in the pot and it's all good.  It's the flotsam and jetsam of sea fare.

Well, I got a "fish pot" at my favorite restaurant in Rapid tonight and I have to say... Nice try.


It was actually quite good.  Lots of mussels, one giant scallop, and some crab.  It was good but it left me longing for the supreme and beautiful natural deliciousness of a good 'ol-fashioned Cape Cod Fish Pot.  It's better out there.


So are the Dark and Stormys.

Oh well oh well.  I will auger on here in the Dakota Territory despite  lack of proper sustenance. (Tongue fully in cheek, of course)

But still, I long for the simple pleasure of The Cape...

No comments:

Post a Comment