Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ozark Trail - Council Bluff Weekend

I could have titled this post: New Favorite Trail in Missouri outside of Kansas City.



Because I had a long weekend, I planned a little getaway down to Mark Twain Natl. Forest for some riding and paddling.  My plan was to spend 3 days and 2 nights at Council Bluff riding and paddling but my trip was truncated due to unending rain.  I didn't get a paddle in, but I got a couple of nice rides in regardless of the rain.  That's what I love about the Ozarks- rain or shine!



I got to Council Bluff in the afternoon and, after settling on a campsite, figured I had just enough time for one lap around the lake.  I'd ridden the CB Trail before including a couple of Bonebenders many years ago.  It's a beautiful trail.  It drizzled and misted the whole time I was riding but the trail handled it fine and it was actually quite nice.



I slept in the next day and prayed all morning for the steady drizzle to stop.  Finally at around noon, I figured it had let up as much as it would.  I took the trail out of the campsite and followed the connector to the Ozark Trail where I turned south and followed the Trace Creek section for a about 10 miles.  Beautiful.  Out-and-back rides are nice sometimes b/c you know exactly what you're in for.  What a great trail!  I want to go back soon and ride a lot more of the OT.




No comments:

Post a Comment