Friday, February 11, 2011

It's all nice on ice, alright

/
I've kept myself buried in the underworld of Autumn Ridge- particularly in one small hole- since the beginning of the year. The good news is that it's starting to look like a house done there. The bad news is that the Northland is quickly running out of beer. The sauna is working marvelously, so I'm told. GF loves it. I haven't been in it yet. Perhaps this summer when it's blistering hot out I'll feel like a relaxing squat in a 150 degree wooden box. I only crave ice cream in the winter.
/
Been listening to a lot of Modest Mouse while I work. Mixing in some Jim & Jenny, Ry Cooder and Kings of Leon too. Kings of Leon-ha! I know. Actually, their first record, Youth & Young Manhood is quite good. It's like a diet version of Motorhead with the oil removed and replaced with extract of Dead Milkmen. But now, obviously, their Cliff Burton has died- which is the musical equivalent of TV's jumping the shark.
/
My shimano pedals have seen more bottle caps this year than cleats. That'll change soon. Our first TCPC ride is Saturday and we've pretty much got rides scheduled every weekend hence into eternity. It should be a super team this year assuming everyone is who I think they are. I haven't been riding much. I haven't been outside much except to shovel the drive.

1 comment: