Monday, March 9, 2009

Dam Race


The first road race of the season is in the books. Cat 5s started at 10:30- waaay too early. That is reason enough to work hard to cat up. It was cold and windy but at least it was from the west and that pushed us across the dam. KU Matt was off the front right away and we left him out there for the better part of the first lap until I put in a small attack just before the first hill climb and got out in front. KU Matt came back to me and passed me before the line and collected the full mountain goat points. I got 2 points for getting second.

The second lap was more of following Matt but on the third lap, I led the front group across the dam and back down below. I found myself in front at the beginning of the last climb to the finish but KU Matt and a CRRT rider went around me and I finished in 3rd.

I was a little dissapointed b/c I felt I hadn't given it full effort at the finish but it's all a learning process at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment