Tuesday, August 25, 2020

So Close yet so Far...

 My heart jumped when I heard that Eddy Merckx was producing modern steel road frames.  In fact, one was ridden in the last stage of the 2019 Tour de France by Oliver Naesen of AG2R La Mondiale.  Wha?... could the world be coming to its senses??

No.  It seems the steely gallop of Oliver on the ride into the Champs Elysees was nothing more than a publicity stunt.  But then, why go to the trouble of publication if not for the worth of what's being publicized?  Hmmm.....

Alas, the steel frame is only available with a carbon fork (throwing up a little in my mouth as I type this).  That will not sit with me.  The greatest thing about a steel frame- by far- is the steel fork.  Why ride a steel bike with anything but a mated steel fork???  I don't get it.

In other news...

My Heart Magazine album has developed a distinct *pop--crackle* in the middle of Mother Earth Blues.  With fear of sounding like a Vinyl Nerd, I must say, it's the freckle on the face of the pretty girl that you'd have never noticed otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment