Saturday, December 22, 2012

Black Rose

I was listening to Thin Lizzy the other day and it dawned on me that Phish's Guyute is a musical doppleganger of Black Rose.  I'm not a musical study but the soul of the two songs are nearly identical.  This has probably already been discovered and discussed in depth, but I didn't know- it's fun discovering stuff by yourself.

Took my life in my hands and did some Christmas shopping by bicycle yesterday.  The random icy strips made things interesting.  I had to get a foot down and triangulate a few times.  Other than that, it was smooth going.  Lots of puddles to splash through!  Folks in their cars were really happy to see me out and about.  They tooted there horns with glee and swerved close to me in an attempt to show their love.  They even yelled out a few Christmas wishes to me.  Well, I couldn't hear exactly what they said, but I have to assume it was "Merry Christmas" or "Glad Tidings!".  It's so nice when people get in the Christmas spirit.  Joy!

The systematic elimination of anything tactile continues to disappoint me.  I can't help but think the obsession of marketers' insistance that insulation against everything real makes life easier- and therefore, better- contributes to peoples hostility towards anything that is real.  I'll take a toggle switch over a touchscreen any day.  It started out ok but it's gotten out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment