Thursday, May 6, 2010

Giro picks

I'm going with an all-Italian podium:
/
Filippo Pozzato
Michele Scarponi
Damiano Cunego
/
I'm not sold on Wiggins as a true team leader, Vino isn't good for more than a couple of days (without dope), and Evans will head backward during the last week.
/
I'm riding Stage 14 to Asolo- the day before the PROs, of course. Monte Grappa can't be that much harder than say... Crooked Rd. out of Parkville, can it???
/

/
Wow, two great American holidays, back to back! First, Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you) and then Cinco de Mayo. Fellow Crackanooner Will and I rode down to El Plaza via Southwest Blvd. yesterday afternoon. Boy Howdy! That joint was jumpin' like a fresh can of Mexican Jumping Beans! We latched onto the Spin Pizza ride and then drank Spin out of Mighty Arrow before heading to Sol for more Mexican madness. A final stop at Harry's was enough to set me up for the ride home. Finally got home at 11:30 after 7 hours on the bike (and in bars). Yeah, I think I'm ready for the Giro.

No comments:

Post a Comment