Thursday, August 28, 2014

New favorite song: Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan, by Modest Mouse.

Every time you think you're walking, you're just moving the ground.

I've had a bad couple of days at work and a good couple of days on the bike.  My favorite time to ride is an hour or so after a rain when the liquid is gone but the pavement is marked and the cracks and seams are all in HD.  I love passing over the dark and light pattern in many different ways.  It reminds me of a part somewhere in The Chronicles of Narnia where the children floated on and on and on until the sea became shallower and shallower until, eventually, patterns began to appear beneath and they became clearer and clearer.  Do you know the part I'm talking about?  It's one of my favorite parts.  Is it Prince Caspian that guides that ship?

I'm thinking seriously of making my way back to the Black Hills for some more riding.  There are many reasons for this but the most important one is: EVERYTHING IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment